Eyecare Greengate offers specialty contact lens services for patients with challenging and more complicated contact lens needs. After a thorough eye examination, Dr Green and our other optometrists can assess if you are a candidate for a specialty contact lens fittings. Listed below are common issues that require specialty fittings :
- correction of high refractive errors with custom lens designs
- correction of high astigmatism
- fitting and management of keratoconus
- fitting and management of post-surgical contact lenses
- orthokeratology (corneal refractive therapy – an alternative to LASIK)
- multifocal and bifocal contact lens fitting with soft and rigid lens designs
Not everyone is an ideal candidate for contact lenses. But "difficult" doesn't mean impossible. Often, people with these conditions can wear contacts quite successfully.
Find out if you can wear contact lenses
If you are interested in wearing contact lenses, call our office to schedule a consultation. Even if you've been told you're not a good candidate for contacts because you have one of the above conditions or for some other reason, we may be able to help you wear contact lenses safely and successfully.